Thursday, July 23, 2015

Fruitfulness

fruitfulness
Variant of fruitful
adjective
1.     bearing much fruit
2.     producing much; productive; prolific
3.     producing results; profitable: a fruitful plan
Source: www.yourdictionary.com

John 15: 1-2 (NKJV)
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

So, I've not blogged in 5 years, waoh! such a long time...
The Lord is indeed faithful, I just observed it's exactly 5 years today, He is the best time keeper...

I've been involved in a fellowship doing my little bit, praying, reading my bible, attending church and doing all that church people do. 
But I've always had this feeling that I'm not dispensing enough of the grace the Lord has deposited in me.
So as I lay on my bed yesterday, pondering on what next, I told the Lord that I feel like I've become obese -Spiritual Obesity that feeling you get when you've received so much from Him and not giving out. The Holy Spirit prompted me to return to blogging.
So here I am today, I've returned, I trust Him for grace to keep at it.

Photo credit: https://pastorsamueldotcom.files.wordpress.com
God gave Adam and Eve the command to be fruitful and multiply Gen 1:28 (NKJV)  28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

The joy of every farmer is to see his plants produce fruit.
Abiding in Him is the sure way to produce fruit, as we bear fruit, he prunes us and as expected, we bear more fruit.
  • We bear fruit by allowing His Spirit to transform us to His character, true followers of Jesus would be recognised by their fruit- Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self control.               Galatians 5:22-23 (NKJV) 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
  • We also bear fruit by using our God given resources (time, talent, finances, etc) to enrich the world around us, drawing men to the kingdom.             Matthew 25:20-21(NKJV) 20 “So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, ‘Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.’ 21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’

Let's look out for opportunities each day to be a blessing to someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment